Monday, January 16, 2006

Why You Should See Brokeback Mountain

If it doesn't make you better understand Pete & John's relationship, it will at least let you join conversations like this one found on a movie blog (sounds like the movie is moving):

#1: I'm curious to see who has seen this film, and what your reaction is. I saw it Sunday (four days ago) and I still can't get it out of my head. It was so powerful and had a HUGE impact on me; unlike any other film I have ever seen. It's mind-boggling what it is doing to me. Anyone who's seen it, please let me know your thoughts.

#2: You said it made a huge impact on you--in what way? Can you elaborate on your thoughts? I haven't seen it yet, but I'm very curious about what others with an open mind might think about it. Thanks.

#1: I can’t be very specific without ruining the film for you. PLEASE go see it. Everyone should see this magnificent film; it is really making waves, everywhere. It is such a beautiful, moving, magnificent piece of art. You won't be disappointed and it will stay with you for a long time.

#2: Try telling that to the religion forum. :-)

#1: They’re the ones that need to see it the most. I have been corresponding with a self-labeled "conservative Christian" (via message boards in imdb.com) who was "coerced" into seeing this film, and he said it totally changed his mind and heart about gay people. He has vowed to challenge people whenever he hears anyone slam gays. Isn't that amazing? That is the power of this film. It is changing hearts and minds all over the world, and I've never seen anything like it in my life.

#2: Have you seen "Ned Kelly"? Another movie where Heath Ledger shines. He was also the son in Mel Gibson's "The Patriot."

#1: This is the only film I have seen Heath in and I am an instant fan. He is AMAZING and if he doesn't get a Best Actor Oscar out of this there is no justice. One doesn't just "see" this film; one EXPERIENCES it, and for a long time. It is so powerful and moving.

No comments: